Analytics

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Option Trading's Best Kept Secret
http://bit.ly/xUIkfl
Today I want to talk about a strategy that not many option traders know about which is called an Unbalanced Condor. This strategy has been around for a while I am sure, but for some reason, it's not very popular. Personally, I have been studying options for over a decade now, and I took many popular courses that you'll find on the Internet. After spending nearly $50,000 on my options education, I find it rather intriguing and erroneous that most option courses are not teaching this strategy.Hopefully, since you are reading my article, it will inspire you and others to begin their own investigations into this technique. I personally think the Unbalanced Condor should be the most used strategy for retail investors. I hope word spreads about the wonderful qualities of this option spread. How would you like to trade options in circumstances where it's nearly impossible to lose money in one direction while having a near one hundred percent guarantee that you will make money in another direction? Sounds ideal to say the least right? What if I told you that you can even make money on your trade of the market doesn't move at all? It looks like the perfect strategy on paper. It would appear there's no way to lose! Well, if you don't know what you're doing, it is possible to lose something on this trade. In fact, you could end up loosing quite a bit. If you're too aggressive in your trade and try to make money too fast with it, you can lose a lot. Patience is the secret to the Unbalanced Condor. Once you've learned the simple adjustments that go along with the spread, your worst-case scenario would result in a mere one to two percent loss. There are not many experts on this strategy, but it's one of my specialties. Currently, I am not aware of much education on this strategy at all, but I've been developing and redefining this strategy over the last three years with my trading group. I have developed ways to lock in profits on this strategy as I make them. I have developed ways to manage this trade over different types of markets. I've developed ways to neutralize the Vega position on this trade while maximizing Theta. I call this trade the "Revolver" because it's an awesome way to combat today's unpredictable stock market. If you want to learn all of the nuances of this rarely talked about strategy, then I highly suggest you do some research to learn more about it. It's definitely a great way to minimize risk with options instead of trading the traditional Iron Condors that everyone else does.

No comments:

Post a Comment