Analytics

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

IC Markets Metatrader 4 ECN
http://bit.ly/xLkc7k
A short time ago I was introduced to a forex provider called IC Markets by a trader friend of mine who runs a profitable Sydney based hedge fund. As I am a professional trader I thought that I would spend some time doing my homework on the company before I open an account so I decided to visit their offices in Sydney to find out more, I was extremely impressed with what I found. In the course of my visit to the office I rapidly discovered that IC Markets is not just a web-based forex and CFD broker but they also have stockbroking, financial planning and corporate advisory divisions which span over two floors of a prestigious Sydney CBD business address. I sat down in their boardroom which was ornamented with artwork and overlooking the Sydney harbour bridge to meet with their Head of Trading and discuss their foreign exchange offering. He explained to me that they have agreements with in excess of 35 international investment banks who provide them with their forex prices and that this is exactly the reason that they are able to offer Australia's and quite possibly the world's first true Metatrader 4 ECN offering. The Head of Trading introduced me to their Chief Operations Officer who showed me personally their in-house ECN software, and how it creates a virtual market permitting traders to include their own liquidity to what's already being offered by the investment banks that IC Markets has relationships with. I was surprised to see prices that were inverted and displayed volumes of over 100 standard lots on the bid and offer at any given time. I was quickly convinced that trading in a true ECN environment was the only way to trade for any foreign exchange trader. Subsequent to spending more than an hour in the boardroom with the Chief Operations Officer he invited me to sit on the trading desk to watch order flow build inside the ECN market place just prior to The UK open. I went over to the trading desk and sat back with the Chief Operations Officer and watched the enormous amount of volume pour in from clients globally and the biggest investment banks world wide, it was an amazing sight watching deals trade with one another at a speed of 100 per second. This was something that as a foreign exchange trader I had never been aware of when sitting behind my trading screens at home in my Brisbane office. After the hospitality that the IC Markets team showed me I was confident that not only dealing in an ECN market place was the only way to go but also that IC Markets ECN technology was ground breaking and quite possibly a world first for any Metatrader 4 provider. It has been 5 months since starting my IC Markets foreign exchange trading account and I haven't looked back, the ECN spreads are awesome and more significantly the execution is the very best that I've ever experienced. The IC Markets forex offering is certainly the best offered by any forex broker in Australia. I suggest that if you're looking for an ECN broker you give IC Markets a go as I am confident that if you're a professional trader like me you won't ever look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment